Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The TribalPundit Guide to Wine, Women, and Song: Chateau Morrisette Wines

I'd just like to take a moment to recommend Chateau Morrisette wines. The winery is in Floyd, Virginia, about 45 minutes away from Virginia Tech. Their Our Dog Blue, Blushing Dog, and Black Dog table wines are great deals for about $10, and their Stardog and Mountain Laurel wines are also worth checking out. They may only be available regionally but they're worth it if you can find them. Our Dog Blue is a Riesling, Blushing Dog is the counterpart to a Zinfandel wine (Zinfandel grapes apparently don't grow very well in Virginia), and Black Dog is a semi-dry red wine. I'm not much of a red wine drinker so I can't help very much for those, as my palate isn't all that mature. Of course, as one wine seller told me: "No one's mature after three glasses."

P.S. If there's a Trader Joe's near you it's worth checking out their Charles Shaw Chardonnay. I'm not usually a Chardonnay drinker but this California white is really, really good for $3.29.

No comments: